Some people have asked for a short summary of the 47 Steps that is printable just to get started on the basics. Here it is:
If you would like to take some positive steps while you are researching what to do, this document is adapted from the “Checklist” at ALSWinners.com and we feel it is a good place to start. We are not medical professionals. This is based on information gleaned from PALS who have reversed their symptoms. You need to make your own decisions based on your research, the research of your support team, and the advice of medical professionals.
BASIC CHECKLIST FOR ALS
Know that you can heal. Others have done it. You can too. The others who have reversed ALS were not misdiagnosed. Many have had their ALS diagnoses confirmed, two, three, four and even five times, because people could not believe they actually reversed ALS.
BUILD BELIEF. This is covered in much more detail in Steps 1 & 2 of Free 47 Steps to Healing ALS Course
Know that it is possible to heal from ALS (you, your family members and anyone on your support team should do this).
- _____Watch the video on the home page of HealingALS.org. Each one of these PALS found their own path to healing using different methods. Most tried many different methods before they found a combination that worked for them.
- _____Scroll down below the video on the home page of HealingALS.org and click on every single link to read about people who have reversed ALS and long term survivors.
- _____Check out the short bios in the Healed/Healing PALS section of HealingALS.org.
- Read every single blog on HealingALS.org that tells more details about someone healing from ALS or gives key information about healing. These are examples. Think about what they did that resonates with you as you begin your healing journey.
- _____Peruse the websites: alswinners.com, shackel.org, ericiswinning.com. Read the blogs in these sites. There is much good information here.
- _____Contact Kim and Kay Cherry via the contact form of (again, there is no danger) at ALSWinners.com. They volunteer their time and can set up a time to speak with you and family members together. Kim faced some big challenges very early in his ALS diagnosis and was given a year to live back in 2011. It is now many years later and Kim is still golfing. PALS often find it helpful to speak with another PALS who has been given a death sentence and overcome it.
Take one step at a time and be patient:
Do not try everything at once. Start small. Start with one or two things on the list below. Once those are mastered, then go add one or two things. The most important thing is to start.
It took you years to get sick. Please give your body the time it needs to begin healing. Be patient.
ASSEMBLE YOUR TEAM: This is covered in much more detail in Step 3 of Free 47 Steps to Healing ALS Course.
- _____Include only people who believe you can heal–friends, family, parents, children, siblings, cousins. Family members and friends can be extremely helpful in doing online research.
- _____Find a holistic (functional) medical professional in your area who believes you can reverse your ALS symptoms and can start you on the road to nutrition, supplements and detoxification. As you do your own research you will refine this but a good holistic medical professional can be a godsend to get you started. Some guidelines are: https://healingals.com/how-to-find-and-work-with-a-medical-professional/
- _____Only add people to your team who will help you get well, not help you die.
- _____Your team may consist of only one or two people at first. Make sure they have all read the “Build Belief” items above. They also need to understand all the points below or understand how important they are for your well being.
- _____Remember you are captain of your ship. Your team members are there to assist you. You have to be comfortable with everything you do. If you are not comfortable, you need more information or research. Even in the relationship with any medical professional, he or she is there to advise you. It is you who makes the decisions. If you are only comfortable with part of the protocol suggested, do that part while you research the rest. Then decide.
- _____You are the most important member of your team. Take responsibility for your own health and wellness. If a medical professional, family member, friend strongly suggests you read a book or article, read it, or at least skim it. If they strongly suggest looking into a protocol, then look into it. Take responsibility for understanding why sugar, gluten, dairy and grains are not good for you. They will be much easier to pass up when you understand the science behind it.
KEEP TRACK OF YOUR PROGRESS. This is covered in more detal inStep 4 of the 47 Steps to Healing ALS
- Visit ALSRegistry.org. Start with filling out the Profile Document. We will be covering how to do the monthly check-in each month in Step 4 of the 47 Steps.
THINGS TO ELIMINATE. This is covered in much more detail in Steps 5 through 12 of the 47 Steps to Healing ALS:
- _____Check your home for toxic chemicals: bleaches, cleaners, sanitizers, etc., and eliminate.
- _____Eliminate all processed food that contain preservatives, sugars, vegetable oils, etc., like aspartame, MSG, corn syrup, aluminum, fluoride, nitrates and nitrites.
- _____Eliminate all soft drinks and fast foods. (No fries and greasy burgers)
- _____Eliminate all chemical fumes, perfumes, deodorants, cosmetics, (even Chapstick)
- _____Eliminate toxic soaps. Toothpaste (get fluoride free), shampoo, hand & bath soap, laundry soap, dryer sheets.
- _____Reduce carbohydrates and fried foods.
- _____Eliminate gluten, and reduce grains to a bare miniumum. Nuts and seeds are good except peanuts. Grains, in general, are not.
- _____Eliminate alcohol and tobacco.
THINGS TO ADD: This is covered in much more detail in Step 13 of the 47 Steps to Healing ALS.
- _____Start taking 4000 mg of Vitamin C daily. Vitality C is excellent brand.
- _____Start using coconut oil, as ointment on weak muscles and 6 to 8 tablespoons with food.
- _____Get Magnesium. Our favorite forms are Dr. Carolyn Dean’s ReMag and ReMyte and Jigsaw MagSRT. Magnesium citrate is not a good source of magnesium.
- _____Take a glutathione supplement. Wellnesspharmacy.com sells a 5 oz bottle (I t. per day). Eat an avocado daily, get good sleep in dark room, and use grapefruit essential oil to build glutathione.
- _____Take Vitamin D3. D levels should be 60-90. Get D levels checked if possible.
- _____Take a good B Supplement plus additional B12. Most PALS are deficient in B12. Even if your B12 is “normal” yet not at least 700-800, then you do not have sufficient levels to grow new neurons.
- _____Take Turmeric. 750 mg per day, If combined with black pepper, 500 mg per day. Theracurmin is also a good product.
- _____Take ALA. Alpha Lipoic Acid. It helps get rid of poisons in your body.
- _____Go to a gluten free diet. (No grains with gluten such as bread, crackers & pasta.)
- _____Eat lots of fruits and vegetables. It is important to eat good fats. Some people find the Medical Medium diet most helpful. Others prefer a modified Terry Wahls diet (high in fresh vegetables (good), less meat is recommended for most PALS. Google for more info.
- _____Increase hydration. Try to drink at least 4 quarts of pure water per day. We like Big Berkey gravity fed filter. If you use reverse osmosis water you must add a mineral supplement such as ReMyte or Aussie Minerals.
- _____If swallowing is an issue (Bulbar ALS), start drinking carbonated water until your throat heals..
- _____Learn ways to detox your body. Google ways to detox.
POWER OF THE MIND — Develop PMA (Positive Mental Attitude). This is covered in much more detail in Steps 9 and 17 in the 47 Steps to Healing ALS.
- _____Read the Emotional healing blog: https://healingals.com/2017/10/
- _____Invoke divine assistance. Pray a lot. But remember that God helps those who help themselves. (Pray as though everything depends on God, then work as though everything depends on you.)
- _____Read positive, uplifting books and listen to good uplifting music.
- _____Paste positive clippings around your home and/or workplace.
- _____Do not allow negative input from family, friends, doctors. Tell them you are going to beat this and believe it yourself by vocalizing in daily.
- _____Find some people you can serve, beyond your immediate family. Care centers are a great place to find people that can lift you up by letting you serve them. Great therapy.
- _____ Find a way to keep doing what you enjoy doing, for as long as you can. Refuse to give in to this disease. For me (Kim Cherry), it is golf.
- _____ A change of attitude will change the outcome. (One of our PALS said that she added spirituality as we had suggested and said that it has made a huge difference for her.)
- _____Read further on some of the PALS and experts on using the mind to facilitate healing in the body in the two blog posts below:
TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME AND BE PATIENT (Repeated because it is important):
Do not try everything at once. Start small. Try one or two things. Once those are mastered, then go add one or two things. The most important thing is to start.
It took you years to get sick. Please give your body the time it needs to begin healing. Be patient.
BASIC BOOT CAMP
Now you are ready to watch 4 Sunday Recordings which give you the basics. Click on Sunday Recordings on the home page and scroll down to the following dates. You must be signed in as a member to access, it is free.
SOME GOOD REFERENCE MATERIAL TO START
Remember basic knowledge is one of the keys to healing. It is overwhelming at first, but the more you learn, the more understandable it will be and the less overwhelming. These two references are a good place to start.
- ______Read Eric Edney’s book, Eric Is Winning. It is an excellent primer for where to start and what to do. While we do not agree with every detail, it contains invaluable information. It is available on Amazon.com. Look at Eric Edney’s website: www.erciswinning.com/regimen.heml. Eric passed away in January of 2015 at age 85 from complications of a stroke and heart attack. He was diagnosed with ALS in his early 60’s and until his stroke, his functionality and ALS symptoms were improving.
- ______Read Steven Shackel’s website, shackel.org. This site has excellent information on a variety of ALS topics and is well-written and readable. Steve was diagnosed with ALS in 1994. His symptoms worsened to the point where he could not leave the house without a wheelchair and his speech was compromised. Most of his ALS symptoms have since subsided.
- _______Sign up for Mercola.com newsletter. This has invaluable information about holistic health that you will find very helpful in your Healing ALS journey.