Respiratory Therapist/Breathing Trainer Betsy Thomason is
documenting how PALS benefit from learning the
BreatheOutDynamic system (BODs).
Betsy continues to offer pro bono BODs telephone coaching
to folks with ALS and their caregivers. If you are interested,
please listen to the March 14, 2021 recording of Betsy’s
Healing ALS talk at healingals.org and/or peruse the website
www.outbreathinstitute.com . Then call / email Betsy at 551-
265-7561 / email@example.com to learn more.
The BreatheOutDynamic system basics are explained in
Chapter 3 of Just Breathe Out, as well as in a 10-minute You
Tube video located at www.outbreathinstitute.com.
Practice is required and this is where Betsy’s coaching is
Contact Betsy for a free e-book. Just Breathe Out is also available in paper and
iTunes/Audible formats, as well as in braille and audio at the National Library Service at
the Library of Congress—for US citizens who cannot utilize a regular book. Ask you
local librarian for help with initial NLS access.
If you have not already, please click the green Start Here Button and read the “Where Do I Start” document above before joining these groups.
Scroll down for information about how to join the Healing ALS WhatsApp Group.
To join HealingALS on Facebook – please see Healing ALS WhatsApp rules below. Rules are the same except Boot Camp is not required to join the Healing ALS Facebook group.
Subscribe our YouTube channel :
To join HealingALS WhatsApp group:
This is a great group to join to share ALS healing ideas and experiences for those who have already done the basics.
To keep conversations at a higher level, we ask that each person applying to join the Healing ALS WhatsApp group watch all four boot camps – See Sunday Recordings.
Once you have watched all four boot camp Recordings, here is how to join:
- Download WhatsApp on to your phone.
- Agree to the following rules.
- The posts are not medical advice, and I will see a licensed medical professional for medical advice.
- We are all there to support each other, stay positive and share. Avoid criticism.
- This group is to share protocols you or others have found that help ALS symptoms. Please keep occasional special event posts or pics to a minimum.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information
- Put in the body of the email that you have watched all 4 Basic Boot Camps and that you have downloaded WhatsApp onto your phone
- Your Full Name
- Your City, State/Province and Country
- Your Cell phone number – Required please put in message body
- International: Country code
Before you join the Leap-Mission group:
- Step 1: Do as much of the Where Do I Start? document as you can.
- Step 2: Go to Sunday Recordings and listen to the four basic boot camps.
- Step 3: Regularly attend Sunday Healing ALS Community Meetings and Monday Diet and Supplement Q&A’s
- Step 4: Join the Healing ALS WhatsApp group and ask the basic questions and do sharing with this group. The Leap-Mission Telegram group is for more advanced questions.
- Step 4: Remember that the Leap-Mission Wednesday Sergio sessions are for PALS who have already done the basics. If you have not spent a couple of months on all of the basics you will feel overwhelmed. Once you feel you have done the basics, then you are welcome to join the Leap-Mission group.
What is the Leap-Mission Group and why join?
- Freely communicate with other PALS on gut function, protocols, antivirals, antimicrobials, what is working for other PALS.
- Do not need to purchase Leap to join.
- Get an Invite to regular Zoom meetings to share info.
- Invited to join the Telegram group to share info with other PALS.
- Sign Panda Doc for confidentiality agreement. This assures that people will not share your private info or what is discussed outside this group and you agree not to share with others.
- Why does it cost $13/year? Because it makes the confidentiality agreement legally binding. Consider it a buyer’s club. When you join you get a discount on Leap from 15%-30% discount, which is more than the maximum 10% discount offered elsewhere.
- Do I need to join to purchase Leap? You can purchase Leap without a membership. Use code ”markman” for 10% discount.
- To join email: email@example.com. She will send you the Panda doc.
- For more information on Leap, visit Leapxx.com
What are the Wednesday Leap-Mission Sergio calls?
For those interested in group support in implementing part or all of Sergio’s protocol or group support of other protocols.
- Peer support, some PALS Support.
- This is up to YOU. This group is sharing details and answering questions about the various pieces of the protocol.
- YOU research, YOU come and ask questions to get more info. Then research some more and YOU decide.
- Download Telegram on your cell phone and, if you like, your computer. You need to have Telegram so you can get Zoom meeting invitations.
- Contact Tabyta@Leap-mission.com.
- You will be sent a confidentiality agreement and asked to pay $13 (see above).
We are honored to have Lazarus Ember speak at two of our Healing ALS Sunday Community Meetings: Part 1 Healing the MInd on April 25, 2021. Part 2 Healing the Body on May 2, 2021. If you missed these presentations please see Sunday Recordings button on the home page (you need to be a member, membership is free).
How did Lazarus Tony Ember go from an ALSFRS score of 27 in January 2020 to an ALSFRS score of 45 in April 2021?
Here is a link to the pdf version of Lazarus’ full protocol, mind and body, for your reference, that he graciously prepared and is sharing to assist other PALS in their healing journeys. We suggest you download it and refer to it often. There is much wisdom here.
Bill Riffle was diagnosed with ALS in 1992 at the age of 53 after experiencing symptoms since 1989.
Today in 2021, Bill is 85 years old and is still walking using his walker he calls “Harley”.
Bill attributes his longevity to:
- Attitude. If you live long enough you will get something. Live with it, make the best of it. Stay positive and lead an active life
- Vitamins. Magnesium 500 mg daily Bill says is the most important, along with Vitamins B6 100 mg, B12 250 mcg, C 500 mg, E 400 IU. He has used vitamins since his first symptoms began.
- Exercise DVD – A DVD he has used since 1995 as well as staying as active as possible all the the time.
- Faith – A strong faith in God and a community praying for him, and a sense of purpose to give hope to others diagnosed with ALS.
Bill shares his story in his book Pushing My Harley. To order the book that comes with the exercise DVD Bill uses
- $19.95 including shipping to anywhere in the world.
To contact Bill directly if you have questions about his book or DVD, his email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bill has been married to his wife Phyllis for 47 years. Phyllis says she is inspired by Bill’s positive attitude which has made her attitude positive as well.
Bill and Phyllis are active in their church and their local community. Together they have made it through many hospital visits from injuries from falls as well as a heart attack and cancer diagnoses.
The full interview of Bill and Phyllis Riffle will be posted below soon.
Avi Greenberg, breathing coach, is offering weekly Group Zoom sessions for ALS families every Thursday. They are free although donations are accepted. The link for the weekly Thursday meeting is below:
More information about Avi is at avigreenberg.com.
Time: Every Thursday 12PM PT, 3PM ET (US), 9PM Europe
Join Zoom Meeting:
Avi Greenburg is inviting you to a scheduled zoom meeting:
You may also email Avi at email@example.com. He will add you to his email list.
Article about Breathing:
Recommended book: The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown
Resources for Meditation Recommended by Other PALS
For novice meditator, downloaded “Head Space” app
- Start with 5 min, progressed to 30 min
- Start with quieting the mind
- Focus on breathing and the present moment
- Continue my prayer routine also
Joe Dispenza’s meditations
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
- You are the Placebo
Many Meditations on YouTube
- Find what and who appeals to you
Other Mediations Recommended by other PALS
- “Practicing Mindfullness: 75 Essential Meditations to Reduce Stress, Improve Mental Health, and Find Peace in the Everyday” by Matthew Sockolov $12.79 on Amazon
- “Present, Not Perfect: A Journal For Slowing Down, Letting Go, and Loving Who You Are” by Aimee Chase $6.79 Amazon
- “Little Book of Mindfullness: 10 minutes a day to less stress, more peace by Patricia Collard $5.69 Amazon
- Find freedom from stress and more peace in your life.
- Jon Kabat-Zin is head of Mindfulness Center @ MGHEye
We were very honored to have Dr. Ashish Patel, MD as our presenter at our Healing ALS Sunday Community meeting on September 20, 2020. Dr. Patel received his BAMS from Indore University and his MD degree at BHU in India in Ayurvedic Medicine with a specialty in neurological disorders and neuropsychiatry. He also has is diploma in Yogy at BHU, and has worked as an assistant professor at the Ayurvedic Medical College in Rewa. He is currently a government Ayurvedic Medical Officer. He runs an Ayurvedic clinic in Central India.
His wife, Dr. Kirti Patel was on hand for the Q&A part of the presentation. Dr. Kirti Patel has her MD in Ayurveda from Tilak Ayurvedic College with a specialty in panchkarma, Sink disorders and gynecological disorders. She worked as an assistant professor and RD Memorial Ayurvedic College in Bhopal from 2012 to 2016 and currently works as an Ayurvedic medical officer at DIstrict Ayush Hospital Sagar.
Here is a their presentation:
A few people have questioned Alejandro’s validity. Please see our Healing ALS Team reply in the comment section below. Another note is that Alejandra consumes sugar (trehalose, honey) because he runs marathons. Most PALS do not do well with sugar.
Alejandro Bianchetti, from Argentina, was diagnosed with ALS in January of 2016 at age 54. He did a lot of research on how he could possibly reverse it. He experimented with different supplements. He found he felt better after running and ran two half-marathons. He studied the Krebs cycle and felt that glucose would be key in the process of reversing ALS. Those with ALS appeared to be wasting away and he tried to figure out why.
Alejandro also read a lot about the power of the mind. Hie could see the results of his thinking on his physical condition.
Despite off of this he continued to get worse.
By February 2018 Alejandro could not swallow, had difficulty breathing and could barely move. He needed assistance with all the basics of daily living.
He entered the hospital on February 23, 2018 and on March 3 the doctors told him that if he was going to survive he would need a tracheostomy and a feeding tube.
He made up his mind at that moment that he would heal from ALS. He had been meditating and training his mind since he was diagnosed but he did much more of it while in the hospital.
Here is is the book that Alejandro used to help him get his breathing back while in the hospital:
He arranged to get IV fluids at home and added supplements, like Co10. He arranged for injections of glutathione and thiamine pyrophosphate.
Today Alejandro has completed five marathons, many half-marathons and countless other 5K and 10K races.
How did Alejandro go from needing a tracheostomy and feeding tube and barely moving to being able to run marathons today?
Below is the video recording of the details of what Alejandro did to heal followed by a Q&A. After the video are links to Alejandro’s full protocol.
Here is the link to Alejandro’s protocol in English: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u_AdDEznRtwGFQsCnytLlJdiNaC3OqMYL32m51MQHvo/edit?usp=sharing
Here is the link to Alejandro’s protocol in Spanish: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n70X2AXcuihgD1kfJmuqAQcT_-9xKGWX11c6YwGVgLo/edit?usp=sharing
Above is Alejandro’s physical protocol yet he says his mental protocol is just as important if not more important. If he is under stress he loses functionality immediately, reversing hard-won gains. He is careful to think of everything even negative things in a positive light because he has learned that it is a combination of his thinking and his physical protocol that is helping him heal.
Today Alejandro is dedicated to sharing his story and helping others find solutions to ALS. Others have used his protocol and it is helping them. ALS researchers are studying what he has done to heal.